Monday, February 28, 2011

Books - Dedicated to Kak Ita




Marry a girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes.

She has problems with closet space because she has too many books. Date a girl who has a list of books she wants to read, who has had a library card since she was twelve.

It’s easy to marry a girl who reads. Give her books for her birthday, for Christmas and for anniversaries. Give her the gift of words, in poetry, in song. Give her Neruda, Pound, Sexton, Cummings. Let her know that you understand that words are love. Understand that she knows the difference between books and reality but by god, she’s going to try to make her life a little like her favorite book. It will never be your fault if she does.

Because a girl who reads knows that failure always leads up to the climax. Because girls who understand that all things will come to end. That you can always write a sequel. That you can begin again and again and still be the hero. That life is meant to have a villain or two.

Girls who read understand that people, like characters, develop. Except in the Twilight series.

 If you find a girl who reads, keep her close. When you find her up at 2 AM clutching a book to her chest and weeping, make her a cup of tea and hold her. You may lose her for a couple of hours but she will always come back to you. She’ll talk as if the characters in the book are real, because for a while, they always are.

Marry a girl who reads because you deserve it. You deserve a girl who can give you the most colorful life imaginable. If you can only give her monotony, and stale hours and half-baked proposals, then you’re better off alone. If you want the world and the worlds beyond it, marry a girl who reads.

Read full here

I dedicate this to my sister; Arneta for her birthday today and because she loves reading. I also want to share this beautiful writing to my mom and Aunt Murni who loves reading very much and yes, they are a perfect woman to be a wife because they read books.

8 comments:

Emmy said...

I love books!! I have so many to get through :)

Finie Ramos said...

Oh, its great! I love books too but it seems like I don't have much time to read them because I spent a lot of times with my sketchbook...is that alright? but still I didn't spend my penny more on clothes..LOL

Anonymous said...

so buy for me a good book

kak ita

Finie Ramos said...

Kak Ita~

What book you want?

aemynadira said...

this is such a touching post..thx for writing this. i love novels so much. ^^

Finie Ramos said...

thanks dear aemy~ ^_^
I love novels too..but it seems like i dont have enough time to read compare times to blogging~

aemynadira said...

if u don't mind, allow me to reblog this ^^

Finie Ramos said...

oh sure dear aemy~ Thanks!