Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I live in Malaysia - Borneo - Sabah

I'm in a mood of writing about my place, Sabah.

Malaysia is a neighbour of Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Brunei and Philippines inside Asia.


This is the close-ups of Malaysia map, I'm in Borneo Island which is a combination of Indonesia, Sarawak Brunei and Sabah while Noorman were in Peninsular Malaysia near Thailand border. See how far we are now!


This is the close-ups of Sabah in the Borneo Island. I'm in Sandakan area (on the east of Sabah). While I studied at Kota Kinabalu on the West of Sabah. That's the time when I met Noorman. He lived there too that time.


This is the map of Sabah labeled with interesting places to visit. Its true, Sabah do have a lot adveture places to visit. If you like natures and mountain and jungle, Sabah is a great place for you! Many National Geographic's crew came here for research. See, you can see Sandakan (place where I am now) and Kota Kinabalu (place where I met Noorman).

------------------- .: The Mountain of Kinabalu :. -------------------

Great view of Mt. Kinabalu

They about to reach the peak! Go..Go!!

Its Laban Rata stay, in a middle of Mt. Kinabalu track. Climber will stay here 1 night before continues.

Kundasang, Kinabalu view. Villagers house and farms.

Pine Resort, Kundasang, Kinabalu

This is the MUST place to visit once you arive in Sabah. You can see it on the map above. Its 4,101 meters (on 1996) and its a beautiful place for honeymoon! Click here for more detail. Mt. Kinabalu has no snow as Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa.



---------------------------- .: Main City of Sabah :. ----------------------------


Kota Kinabalu (Kinabalu City)

Lol! That's the cinema that Noorman and me used to go for a movie! Its a Golden Screen Cinema, facing the roundabout.


This is the best part in Kinabalu City, the Philippino Market (Pasar Pelipin). Its only open on evening till night. You can have various of Philippino foods here. Thats why they name it. Yes, 30% of Sabahan are Phil. I'm staring at this picture if there's anyone I know here! lol


lol!! My college... Cosmopoint College of Kota Kinabalu

------------------- .: Enough about Kinabalu City, now about SANDAKAN :. -------------------


Sandakan view


Locals with seafoods! Yummy!!! This is what special in Sandakan, our SEAFOOD!


Sandakan water village. You can see many houses were built on the water and I used to grow up village like this before my dad transfered to oilpalm estate.


And orang utan! Sandakan have a large Orang Utan Rehabilitation and I think its the largest in the world. Trust me...


Urm..what else?? I love my country. I love Malaysia and I love Sabah. Actually I was suppose to continue my study in Kuala Lumpur area but I object and I insist to choose Kota Kinabalu as a place for me to live 3 years away from my family. Sandakan and Kota Kinabalu is 350km away.

--------------------------

..and this is how our oil palm estate looks like where my dad works here for 25 years. We all grow here and its a great place to live! Peace and calm.




I think this quite long... To be continue!

5 comments:

Shell Sherree said...

Finie, there's a lot here to absorb ~ I'll need to study, LOL! Are you going to Mt. Kinabalu for your honeymoon? I'm so happy that you have a sanctuary for Orangutans ~ so important to protect these magnificent and loving animals. It's wonderful to live where you love.

Finie Ramos said...

Sherree ~ Thanx... Yes, I love to have a honeymoon at Mt. Kinabalu. But Norman wants it in tropical island around Sabah...LOL

Yes, is a great place to visit. And dont forget about the Memorial Park of Australian Death March...SABAH is a great place to visit!

Anonymous said...

im going to kundasang next may!
-kak ita

Zahin said...

I MISS SABAH SOOOOO MUCH FINIE...
SO MANY SWEET MEMORIES THERE.
SOMEDAY I WILL GO TO SABAH BACK..
I PROMISE TO MSELF..HEHEE

Finie Ramos said...

Zahin ~ Kawen la org sabah, so u'll stay here 'forever'..

mmuuaahhh!!