Monday, June 21, 2010

Most Endangered Animals in the World

Since I watched National Geographic and read and write about animals a lot, I started to realize that there is something that we didn't really care about in our everyday life but in fact, it's a thing that we have to take it seriously.

Here is the Most Endangered Animals in the World and surprisingly 5 endangered animals among 17 animals are from Malaysia! They are;

Sumatran Rhinos, which mostly only can be found in Tabin Wildlife Reserved in Lahad Datu area, Borneo. "Sumatran rhinos are listed on IUCN’s Red List as critically endangered" - WWF.
I heard that there is only less than 50 Sumatran Rhinos left in world!



The rest are; Orang Utan (Sepilok Rehabilitation Center, Sandakan Sabah),  



Asian Elephant (which is known as The smallest elephant in the world and only can be found at Tabin Wildlife Reserved as well)



Turtle (Turtle Island, Sandakan Sabah),



and Asian Tiger (mostly in Malaysia Peninsular).


 My-o-my... this is a very sad news for our earth especially Malaysia. Let's save our greens!



Source; WWF , World Interesting Fact and Google


2 comments:

UbatPensil said...

-_- my hair stand. so sad

Finie Ramos said...

yea..scary huh...that's why I love Sabah bcoz we have a lot of green places here!