Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mount Kinabalu and the morning sunrise




Can you see the mountain? - Taken from KKIA T1 MAS Airport, Kota Kinabalu; 5.30am

The morning sunrise reflection on the glass of MAS Airport

Good morning dreamers. It's a great day today because I've watched the Madrasapattinam movie last night for another second time, thanks to Mr. Mohammad for downloading it for me and today I wake up early; about 4am to send Noorman parents to the airport, they fly back to Kedah.

Just after they enter the departure hall at 5am, Noorman and me went to airport's McDonalds to have a breakfast then we went outside the airport enjoying the morning sunrise of Kinabalu City with the glory of Mt. Kinabalu.

I met Australian tourists while enjoying the view and we had a great chat. They are on their next trip to Sandakan. I bet he's reading my blog now because I gave him this blog when he asked what I do; I'm a web designer. Sir, if you read this, feels free to drop a comment below on the 'Love Notes', thank you!


While chatting with him; he asked me a question - "Which one does I like the best, Kota Kinabalu or Sandakan?” It's a good question! So, here's the answer;


I'm originally from Sandakan but currently work in Kota Kinabalu. I love both but mostly Sandakan not because I'm a Sandakan people but because I love history and all the past stories during the British Colony in Borneo and also interested with Agnes Keith book; "Land Below the Wind" stories. So, Sandakan is the best place to get them all.

I was so touched with the history of Sandakan Memorial Park and I love the English style in Agnes Keith House in Sandakan. Plus, I'm in a dreamy mood right after I watched the Madrasapattinam movie which is filmed based on the history of Chennai, India during the British Colony. Oh, so~ dreamy.


10 comments:

nur said...

nice sabah.. went there twice!!
tambah kawan blog ni
jemput ke ALL IN ONE

Finie Ramos said...

Thanks Nur..thanx for the love note and followed me ^_^... I'll follow urs too

Pinung is VizarD said...

wahhh dah penah naik tu gunung..beshhh

Finie Ramos said...

tau...bleh tgok dr gmbr profile tu..hehehe..sy blum pnah naik lg n mgkin xmgkin dpt naik sb ada asthma..huh..cinta sabah~

KNS said...

aduh..rindunye kt sabah....
dulu tggl kt sbh since lahir lg..tp bolan 6 bru2 ne da pindh smnjg..u.U

Finie Ramos said...

huhuh..sbr ja la Nas..nnt lain kali bleh dtg sni lg kn! ^_^

Unknown said...

hello finie, just read your blog/journal. nice touch about being a sabahan (particularly, being a sadakan-ian[?]). i was born in sandakan, too, @ duchess of kent hospital... is it still there? i was almost 12 when i left for the philippines. i've never gone back since then. how i wish i could come and visit sandakan again ~tanah lahir ku. and of course, to visit all of you, my beautiful ramos family!
i remembered, going to the library (it was on some kind of hill di bandar. i hope i served my memory right). it was my favorite thing to do ~borrowing story books (in melayu). and going to the fish market!
...i really missed sandakan.

Finie Ramos said...

hi aunt, thanx for the lovely love note...we born in Duchess of kent too (kak ita, tasha and me)..and kak tasha worked there in the hospital before she continue her study. aunt, if you visit sandakan u will see theres so many changes whereby you won't recognize them anymore. the library has moved to other place and also the fish market has changed totally. you should come and visit! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hi

Very nice blog.

But, since you are a graphic designer, your photography on Mount Kinabalu is not nice.

Anyway, its interesting.

Regards

Finie Ramos said...

Hi Anonymous, I'm sorry for the lack of the photo's quality..that's because I'm using my cheap motorola cellphone junk..I don't have a nice camera in my hand that time..gosh~